Take advantage of our support
Or use this
Your inquiry will be answered within 48 hours.
FAQ - frequently asked questions
Are my employees able to discover the monitoring agent?
- The program is hidden in such a way that standard, moderately-sophisticated tools will have a very hard time discovering it.
What if the employee “drops off the net” to defeat the monitoring?
- In that case, the monitoring information is logged into a special file. When the user reconnects, the logged data is transferred to the monitoring server.
Do I have to add an exception into my firewall?
- Yes, if you're using a firewall, you will need to add exceptions for – https://api.pinyaguard.com (port 443), https://pinyaguard.com (port 80), http://updates.pinyaguard.com (port 80).
Can I use the same installer for a standalone PC, a domain of PCs and for terminals?
- No, you will need a specific installer for each case. The standard one is enough for a standalone PC; for domain installation, you will need the MSI package from our Download section. Terminals need a custom installer per terminal.
Which browsers are monitored by the agent?
- PINYA Guard supports logging visited pages in these browsers: Microsoft Internet Explorer version 8 to 11, Mozilla Firefox version 3 to 27 (and newer), Google Chrome version 26 to 33 (and newer), Opera version 12 to 20 (and newer) and Microsoft Edge.
Which platforms support PINYA Guard?
- PINYA Guard can be installed to computers running Microsoft Windows XP SP3 and newer, both 32 and 64bit versions are supported.
Do I need to set up my own monitoring server?
- No, you don't need your own server; the monitoring uses the cloud infrastructure, which is part of the base product.
Which licensing scheme is this software using?
- The software is licensed per monitored user – 1 license = 1 monitored user.
Can anyone get into the cloud to access my files/graphs and misuse them?
- When monitoring file access during work, we only save the file metadata (name, attributes, file source and operations) on them, not the actual content.
Do I have to use the ADMIN account to install the software?
- Yes, to install the program, you must be operating under the Administrator account. If it's installed under a local account with the admin password input upon prompting, it will not be installed correctly and the machine may fall under “unknown devices”.
Does PINYA Guard also monitor background processes?
- The monitoring is tied to the currently active window in Windows. It only monitors the active window the user is in. Background processes are not monitored.
I installed PINYA Guard but I cannot see the machine.
- If the installation is done improperly, the machine may fall under the “unknown devices”, and will need to be manually assigned. Please contact customer support. You will be asked for your user name, PC name of the target machine and the user name of the monitoring target. The PC needs to have Net Framework 4.0 or newer installed.
Does the program need updates and where can I get them?
- Of course. We strive to take user feedback into account, so there are updates throughout the year. To make updating easier, we developed a program that will do the updating for you. You are informed about any new features and improvements but you don't need to do anything else.
Is all communication between the cloud and our company encrypted?
- Our company is using the best encryption tools available. The encryption between your company and our servers is vouched for by Symantec SSL certificates using 256-bit keys.
Are there any backups of the monitored data?
- Yes, the data is replicated to dedicated backup servers in real time every day of the year.
Do we need a dedicated IT department to run PINYA Guard?
- No. You can do the install on your own. All you need is to get the software on the target machines and to have access to the Administrator account.
What do I need to monitor other stations?
- If you need to monitor multiple users, you will need to download the .msi installer and distribute it using GPO in the domain. You can of course also install it on the target machines manually using the standard .exe installer locally.
How can I get at the monitoring data and statistics of PINYA Guard?
- After installing the monitoring agent on the target machines, you can login to the monitoring portal at https://pinyaguard.com/login .
What can I do if the agent isn't monitoring any user activity?
- Make sure to check the firewall settings. If problems persist, please contact customer support.
Do I need to set up an exception in my antivirus software?
- PINYA Guard is compatible with most known antivirus software, it should not be detected as a potential threat.